Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets are lightly seasoned and breaded, then cooked until golden and crispy. Serve with dipping sauces for a fast, satisfying, and kid-friendly dinner.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Calories: 208kcal
- 3 chicken breasts skinless, boneless, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3 ounces panko breadcrumbs or gluten-free panko breadcrumbs
- Cooking oil spray
Preheat the air fryer at 400°F for about 10 minutes.
Trim any fat from the chicken breast and cut into 1-inch chunks; set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper and salt.
In a shallow dish place the breadcrumbs.
Now dip each chicken piece into the egg and then into the breadcrumbs, pressing lightly to help the coating adhere.
Place chicken nuggets in the air fryer basket, in a single layer; you may need to bake in two batches or more, depending on the size of your fryer.
Spray the nuggets with some cooking oil and air fry for 12-15 minutes or until crispy and the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
Once done remove the nuggets from the basket with a tong. Serve with your favorite dip and enjoy!
- Chicken breasts: To help each chicken nugget cook evenly in the air fryer, make sure to cut them into equal-sized chunks.
- Smoked paprika: Regular paprika can also be used, but the smoked paprika definitely adds more flavor.
- Cooking oil spray: An olive oil spray will add a little extra flavor, but any other neutral oil will work just as well.
- Cook the chicken in a single layer, with no pieces overlapping or touching significantly. If needed, cook in two batches. This will help them get really crispy!
- To make gluten-free, use gluten-free panko bread crumbs.
- Storage: Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for 2-3 days.
- Freezing: Cook and cool fully. Then freeze in an air-tight container for up to 3 months. Thaw before reheating.
- Reheating: Turn on the air fryer to 400°F. Reheat nuggets for 4-8 minutes, or until heated through.
Calories: 208kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 127mg | Sodium: 644mg | Potassium: 474mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 277IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 1mg