Needed a little sweet pick me up today. Cinnamon pastry rolls did the job.
- 1 packet pre rolled puff pastry
- 2tbs caster sugar
- 1tbs sweet ground cinnamon
- 1tsp butter (melted)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- Icing sugar (optional)
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Unroll the pastry and brush with melted butter (leave a 3cm edge on one short side).
- Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar evenly all over (but not the plain edge). Pat down gently with the back of the spoon to even everything out.
- Brush the empty edge with the egg.
- Start rolling the short sugar sided to meet the egged end and gently press into place.
- Slice into 8-10 portions. Gently roll each portion between the greaseproof paper the pastry came in to flatten down.
- Lay portions onto baking paper. Brush with egg.
- Air Fry on 190c for about 17-19 mins (depending on thickness of portion).
- Leave to cool. Drizzle with icing sugar if desired. Enjoy.
I left two portions un rolled to show you the difference. Still tasty though