I love how it comes out Melt in the mouth delish, perfectly tender and flaky on the inside with an amazing top crust.
PREP TIME5 minutes
COOK TIME6 minutes
TOTAL TIME6 minutes
- 2 salmon fillets, boneless. Mine were 1 and 1/4 inch thick. I used “BBQ CUT” Trader Joe’s Norwegian fresh Atlantic salmon.
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper or to taste
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons Whole grain mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Pure Maple syrup (can sub for 1 Tablespoon brown sugar)
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- Season salmon all over with salt and pepper.
- In s small bowl, whisk together oil, mustard, maple syrup (or brown sugar), garlic and thyme. It should be a paste-like consistency.
- Spread on top of the salmon fillet.
- Preheat your air fryer to 425F for 5 minutes. This is an important step. You want to make sure your air fryer is hot and ready for the salmon.
- Arrange salmon in air fryer basket or tray. Skin side down
- Set air fryer to 400F/200C and cook for 6-8 minutes, depending on the size of the thickest piece of salmon fillet.
- When the timer goes off, open the basket and check fillets with a fork to make sure they are done to your desired doneness.
- Serve with air fryer roasted broccoli or asparagus. Divine!
Tips to get success in air fryer salmon recipe
- Fillets should be similar in width.
- Your air fryer should be preheated, before putting the fillets into it.
- Check its doneness.
- If you have a smaller size air fryer, then you should not overcrowd your basket. Add fillets in separate batches.
- Do not worry about undercooking the salmon. If your salmon is undercooked, you can always send it back to the air fryer for a minute or two.
- Learn by trial and error. Once you achieve the perfect tenderness and doneness of your salmon in the air fryer, you will become a pro. Different Air fryer brands may cook slightly differently. The air fryer that I use for cooking my salmon is Ninja Foodi XL 6-in-1.