Tasty chicken breast meat flavored with cheese and chives then fried to perfection. These Crispy Chicken Cakes are a simple dinner that can be prepared quickly on busy nights.
- 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil for cooking
- 6 small cans of chicken breast or 3-4 cups of shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1/3 cup egg whites (if preferred 2 whole eggs)
- 1/3 cup Trim Healthy Mama Baking Blend (or Almond Flour)
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons chives, chopped or dried
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Open canned chicken and drain really well then break the chicken into small pieces so there are no large pieces
- Add the chicken and all the other ingredients into a large bowl, except the oil.
- Mix the ingredients well until all the ingredients are combined and will stick together when you pinch it between your fingers.
- Divide the mixture out into 6-8 equal portions depending on how large you want the cakes. Form each of the patties and set them aside.
- Add the oil to a pan and heat over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot place some of the cakes in the pan to cook.
- This will take 4 to5 minutes on each side. Flip when the chicken cakes are nice and golden brown on each side.
- Serve hot and enjoy.
See the Tips Section above the recipe for help making this recipe a success every time and for possible substitutions. Also please note your nutritional breakdown will vary if you use whole eggs or almond flour . For those using leftover chicken or turkey you will need about 3-4 cups of meat.
1Amount Per Serving , Calories 155, Total Fat 12g ,Saturated Fat 4g , Trans Fat 0g , Unsaturated Fat 8g , Cholesterol 26mg , Sodium 166mg , Carbohydrates 1g , Fiber0g , Sugar 0g , Protein 10g