A delicious gluten free chocolate zucchini cake topped with coconut pecan frosting. This coconut flour based low carb cake is super moist and flavorful.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 50 Minutes
Total Time: 1 Hour
Servings: 9 People
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup low carb sugar substitute I used ½ cup Pyure
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil liquified
- 4 large eggs beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups zucchini shredded
- ½ cup sugar free chocolate chips optional
Pecan Coconut Frosting:
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup low carb sugar substitute I used Swerve Confectioners Powder
- 1 egg yolk
- ¼ cup butter vegan margarine for dairy-free
- ¼ teaspoon xanthan gum optional
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup chopped pecans
Stir together coconut flour, cocoa, sweetener, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
Mix in eggs, coconut oil, and vanilla until well blended. Stir in zucchini and chocolate chips (if using).
Pour mixture into greased pan (I used a 9×9).
Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Combine almond milk, sweetener, egg yolk and butter in a saucepan.
Heat over medium heat. When bubbles form, sprinkle in xanthan gum.
Continue heating until thickened.
Remove from heat and stir in vanilla, coconut and pecans.
Spread mixture over cooled cake.
Each slice has about 6 grams net carbs.
There’s no need to squeeze out the moisture in the shredded zucchini. The extra liquid is needed to keep the coconut flour cake from being too dry.
Pecan halves or toasted coconut can be used as garnish over the frosting if desired.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 310 | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 108mg | Sodium: 303mg | Potassium: 344mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 347IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 75mg | Iron: 3mg