Baked Crack Chicken, also called Ranch Chicken, is a delicious dish that gets its name from the addictive flavor combination of ranch, cream cheese and bacon. It is low carb and keto friendly.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes | Cook Time: 15 Minutes | Total Time: 25 Minutes | Calories: 499kcal
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
- salt and pepper to taste to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 tablespoon Ranch Seasoning mix
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese white or yellow
- 4 slices bacon thick cut, diced
- 2 to 3 scallions finely sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Prepare the cream cheese mixture. In a small bowl combine cream cheese and 1 tablespoon of Ranch Seasoning mixture. Set aside.
- Lightly grease a 9 x13 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, add in diced bacon and cook until crispy. See notes below for more information about the bacon. Remove bacon from skillet and set aside. Do not discard the bacon fat. It will be used to brown the chicken breasts.
- Return skillet to heat and add vegetable oil and butter to the remaining bacon fat. Pound the chicken breasts until they are about 1/4-inch thick. Season with salt, pepper and paprika. Depending upon the size of your skillet add 2 to 3 chicken breasts to the hot oil. Do not crowd them. Cook the chicken breasts for 2 to 3 minutes or until they are golden brown. Flip over the chicken breasts and continue to cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove chicken breasts from the skillet. Arrange them in the previously prepared baking dish. Top each chicken breast with about 2 tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture. Spread to evenly coat the chicken breast.
- Sprinkle half of the diced bacon on top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the chicken breasts.
- Bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and cheese is melted and lightly browned. Remove from oven and garnish with remaining bacon and sliced scallions before serving.
You can prepare the bacon ahead of time. Cook strips of bacon in the oven or a large skillet until they are crispy. Remove and place on paper towels to absorb excess fat. Once cool you can dice the bacon. Store in the refrigerator until needed.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 499kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 37g | Fiber: 1g