These soft and chewy, gluten free pumpkin cookies are sandwiched with creamy, sugar free, vanilla filling to make delicious Whoopie Pies, Keto style!
- Prep Time 5 mins
- Cook Time 12 mins
- Total Time 17 mins
FOR THE COOKIES
- 1 ¾ cups super fine almond flour
- 1 tablespoon Oat Fiber, see notes
- ½ cup Allulose confectioners
- ½ cup butter, at room temperature
- ⅓ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup Brown Swerve
- 1 whole egg
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Xanthan Gum
FOR THE FILLING:
- ½ cup cream cheese, room temperature
- ¼ cup butter, room temperature
- ⅓ cup Allulose confectioners
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
HOW TO MAKE THE KETO PUMPKIN COOKIES
Preheat oven to 350F.
Add the almond flour, oat fiber, pumpkin pie spice, xanthan gum and baking powder to a bowl and whisk to combine.
In a separate bowl, mix the Allulose, Brown Swerve and butter together till well combined. Add in the egg, pumpkin puree and vanilla extract and continue mixing.
Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix. Chill the dough in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Using a small cookie scoop, scoop out the dough onto a sheet pan lined with parchment paper or a Silpat. Flatten them out slightly, then bake for 11-12 minutes or until they are slightly golden.
TO MAKE THE SUGAR-FREE FILLING
Mix together the cream cheese, butter, allulose and vanilla. Whip until well combined. Chill in the fridge until the cookies have cooled completely.
Take one of the cookies and spread some of the filling on the bottom (flat side) facing up, then top with another cookie and serve.
- Oat Fiber is made from grinding the outer husks of oats. How healthy is oat fiber? It’s pure insoluble fiber, which doesn’t dissolve in water and isn’t broken down in the digestive tract, so it has zero net carbs and is perfect for a Keto Diet. It helps give a more traditional texture and that’s why I use it so often. Check out all the Keto Oat Fiber Recipes you can make!
- To get the best results, it’s best to use oat fiber if you can. If you’re unable to find it, try a combination of psyllium husk powder and coconut flour. Since both are very absorbent, you might have to add more liquid.
Keto Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
Amount Per Serving
Calories 205Calories from Fat 144
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 6g38%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol- Swerve, Erythritol, Allulose, or Monk Fruit.