Savoy cabbage soup with beef is delicious family friendly recipe. This is delicious low carb and nutritious make ahead meal and my favorite savoy cabbage recipe!
- prep time: 10 MINUTES
- cook time: 45 MINUTES
- total time: 55 MINUTES
- Lard 2 TBS
- Onion chopped 70 g/2.50 oz
- Savoy cabbage chopped 550 g/19 0z
- Beef cubes 450 g/16 oz
- Kohlrabi cut to cubes 100 g/3.50 oz (optional)
- Carrot cut to small cubed 20 g/0.70 oz
- Tomato sauce ¼ cup/50 g/1.80 oz
- Turmeric ½ TBS
- Salt 1 teaspoon or more to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Ground paprika 1 TBS
- Basil pinch
- Water or beef broth 2.5 cups
- Melt lard or heat olive oil.
- Sauté chopped onion until translucent and golden brown.
- Add beef meat cubes and stir until browned on the edges. This is very important step because it gives flavor.
- When meat browned add savoy cabbage chopped into small pieces and stir for few minutes until starts to wilt.
- Add tomato, carrot and turnip cut in small cubes, spices, salt and water or broth.
- Stir and cook covered for 1.5 h on low to medium heat or in the instant pot for at least 30 – 45 minutes. Longer you cook it’s better!
- Serve and enjoy!
YIELD: 5 SERVING SIZE: 2 cups
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 313TOTAL FAT: 14.8gCARBOHYDRATES: 9.79gNET CARBOHYDRATES: 6.21gFIBER: 3.76gPROTEIN: 7.7g
This is for your information only, calculate your own macros with ingredients you use.